Saturday 17 March 2018

Conflict Reflection

           1)Why is conflict often an important part of a drama presentation? Explain.
I think that conflict is important in a drama presentation because you can have a lot of emotions, gestures and different tones when you talk and usually the conflict in a presentation is the most interesting part to the viewers and it makes them pay attention because some conflict could be fights and many people enjoy watching fights happen whether it is physically or verbally.

     2)Give an example of one lesson when you created conflict in your drama scene and say how you did it. (pauses, gestures, action, dialogue etc)
The last presentation that we did involve conflict when two of the characters were arguing using dialogue and hand gestures and the whole topic was about to raise awareness.

     3) How did you demonstrate creativity in your final video task? Give examples of how you tried
 new things or were thinking outside the box.
When we did our final video it was mostly the hand gestures and the dialogue that made it look creative because when we edited it at the end we made the sad scenes black and showed how it was a sad story.

     4) Do you think your message was clearly communicated in your video or could you have improved it? If so, how?
I think that in our video it did clearly show what the message was but we could have made it more creative and have less dialogue in the video and have one of our group voice record it to make it more interesting and unique, at the end of the video we did write down what the problem was.

     5) Think back to your performances at the beginning of term two, and now your current performances; do you think you have improved or developed any drama skills? (vocal skills such as: clarity of diction, inflection, accent, intonation and phrasing; pace, pause and timing; projection, pitch; emotional range, or physical skills such as movement, body language, posture, gesture, stillness, timing, control; facial expression; eye contact, interaction with other performers)

Yes, I do think that I have improved from the beginning of term 2 until now because I have found more ways of communicating and my vocal skills when I am preforming and depending on the scene, and I know now where to stand and how I should be positioned when I talk anot have my back turned. I now know that body language and using different getures is important and could add more effect on the play. I gained a lot of confidence during this term but I could use more emotion when I am preforming.

1 comment:

  1. This is an honest reflection that demonstrates some skills development and a good understanding of the greater concepts of the unit itself. You have tried to include examples from our practical work but these could still be expanded upon to include more specific detail and explanation in order to get a higher grade. 4/8 Criteria D

    ReplyDelete